Storm International, the management company of the Shangri La casino chain, is a responsible gaming operator who understands the potential risks of gambling.
Gambling is a particular style of risk taking that is exciting and fun. For most people who enjoy gambling in a casino, it is an entertaining experience. However, there is a minority of people, who cannot control their passion and put themselves at a risk of becoming addicted to anything, including gaming.
Problem gamblers will continue playing whether winning or losing. As gambling takes over their life, many other things can suffer family life, job and other interests.
If you feel like you have a gambling problem – first be honest with yourself and then with others.
Go through the following survey and the more often you respond “yes” to its questions the more serious the problem may be:
1) Did you spend substantially more time on gambling than you initially planned?
2) Did you try to solve your financial or emotional problems by gambling?
3) Did you ever borrow money for gambling?
4) Did you spend on gambling the money, intended for anything else?
5) Did you lie, steal or do anything illegal to gamble?
Talk about it with someone you can trust. Talk to the casino- or slot-manager; their experience in the industry gives them an awareness of the issues involved. They may help.
1) Gambling – is a type of entertainment. You pay for joy, where the opportunity to win is just a type of bonus.
2) Gambling is NOT an opportunity to solve your financial, emotional or social problems.
3) Gambling should take a relatively small part of your time.
4) You should only spend your disposable income on gambling.
Control the game – do not let the game control You!